The Best Smoked Mackerel Pâté Recipe
You might be wondering what smoked mackerel tastes like. It’s a little bit salty, a little bit smoky, and a whole lot delicious. This recipe for smoked mackerel pâté is easy to make and perfect for a quick snack or appetizer.
All you need is the following:
- 1 smoked mackerel filet
- 1 small cucumber
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon of crème Fraiche
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Remove the skin and bones from the mackerel and chop them into small pieces.
- Peel and chop the onion and garlic.
- Deseed the cucumber and chop it into small pieces.
- Put the ingredients in a food processor. The next step is to blend until smooth.
- If the mixture is too thick, add a little olive oil or lemon juice until you reach the desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with some fresh cucumber slices and some wholemeal bread, or just eat it straight off the spoon!
How to Serve Mackerel Pâté
Now that you’ve whipped up a batch of delicious smoked mackerel pâté, it’s time to figure out how to serve it.
You can serve it as an appetizer. It’s the perfect finger food—not to mention it’ll impress your guests. Alternatively, spread it on some toast for a quick and easy breakfast or snack.
This smoked mackerel pâté is a delicious and easy-to-make recipe that’s perfect for a summer party. The cucumber adds a freshness to the pâté, and the dill gives it a beautiful flavor. Serve it with some fresh bread or crackers, and enjoy!